Pretoria – The Northern Cape Department of Education is liable for the damages caused to an 11-year-old boy injured after he and a friend played with acid which they found in a school toilet.
The child, only identified as T, went to the toilet at his school. After using the facility, he discovered there was no water to flush.
He came upon a container of liquid, described as acid or drain cleaner during the trial in the high court in that province. The child, who gave evidence, said he did not know it was acid or drain cleaner, but assumed it was water. He used this liquid in an attempt to flush the toilet.
The child testified that when he poured the liquid into the toilet, it started…
South Africa Education News